Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Researching Degenerative Myelopathy

The College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Missouri has been doing a lot of research over the past years on my disease. They even have this test where they can identify the gene that causes the condition. So today my owner, grandma and I went to the vet to draw some of my blood to send to Missouri.
It wasn't my regular vet, but we got a last minute 4:30 appointment at the vet up the street. We were a little nervous because we were trying to make it to the post office before it closed at 5:00.

So we waited...

And waited...

And waited. What do you expect? It's a doctor's office.

We finally got in and they couldn't be nicer. They knew why we needed the sample so they took my blood fast and generously gave us a cool pack so it would keep in transit.




They even gave me a quick manicure to spiff me up! So kind!


We rushed to the post office and got there with three minutes to spare! The lady at the counter totally helped us out and we wouldn't be able to make tonight's mail without her help.


We'll keep you posted (hee-hee).

No comments:

Post a Comment