Sunday, November 7, 2010

Runners and Wheelers

Today was the New York City Marathon and it's truly one of the great events we have here.


I'm lucky enough to live nearby the race route so for the past few years we've been enjoying the festivities. It's exciting to cheer on the racers - runners and wheelers!


We went into Central Park to watch but this was the only view I could get!


I couldn't see anything so we decided to walk further down the route...


But everyone kept staring and stopping to take my picture.


Even this professional looking guy. Maybe I'll be on the cover of Bark Magazine!...Or even Dog Fancy! Gasp!


These two ladies called me over as we headed further up the route. They're from Italy and just finished racing. The one on the left, I believe, is big-time in the wheelchair racing world. When they asked what was wrong with me my owner told them my back legs were paralyzed and the one on the right responded, "Well, then he is our comrade."


We ended up at the reception area for the wheelchair racers post race where they invited us in and we could watch the racers wheel right in after crossing the finish line. It was so exciting and we met so many people! Everyone was so nice; they kept petting me and offering me water. 

But it was cool just to sit back and watch all the finishers come in. You could tell they were so happy with what they just accomplished.


What a classic New York City day. Congratulations to all the racers!

No comments:

Post a Comment