Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Other Guy


I think we know each other well enough now that I can share a sensitive issue.
My owner and I have been together for over 9 years - the two of us, on our own. Yea, there have been friends and "more than friends" that have come and gone but we always were a team of two...until last year.


My owner has invited a third member into our small group. I was consulted but I don't think my opinion really mattered much. He's nice enough - good belly rubs, sneaks me treats - but I'm not sure how I feel about sharing the spotlight.
For example: the bed.


I stay on the right side. I sleep on the right side. I chew on the right side.
That's my side.
Until now...

Before

After

See what I mean? This other guy has taken over and I really don't know how to handle it. Don't get me wrong, I'm still pretty much number one - just with some concessions. Which I guess is ok.

We've gotten to know each other better over this last year and he's not all that bad. He treats me well and, better yet, he treats my owner well so that scores points in my book. It ends up I like him a lot. It's actually nice to have another guy around!



No comments:

Post a Comment