Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Kindness Of Strangers


On my morning walk today there was a man unloading restaurant uniforms from a truck and as we went by he said, "God bless you." We stopped to talk - his name is Alejandro and he had a poodle a few years back that had problems with its hind legs but there weren't the types of doggie carts they have now. He said he still hurts about it all this time later.



He wanted to pick me up for the photo and before I could do anything he scooped me up to pose! As you can see from my expression I wasn't too sure about this. Luckily I landed back on the ground in one piece.

Before we left, Alejandro jumped back into his truck and said he had a gift for me...


He gave us a bunch of hand towels we might need to clean my paws, dry me off, cushion my wheelchair or whatever! It was so nice of him! I really liked Alejandro. I hope we bump into him again. (And he keeps me on the ground next time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment